A shared objective among insurers today is to maximize productivity while maintaining a competitive edge through technology. Take filing for claims, for example. Most insurance companies have invested in virtual claims to boost efficiency and optimize time.
At FWD, virtual claims are available through its Claims Portal or FWD Tapp With these tools, clients don’t have to go through the hassle of waiting for an adjuster to receive payment.
How to file a claim
At FWD, you can process claims for death and/or medical issues such as hospitalization and critical illnesses. Here are important steps to remember:
1. If you haven't already, visit the FWD website and go to the Claims Portal, or better yet download the TAPP application for easier access. File an initial report.
2. Wait for a Claims Ambassador to reach out to you. They will assist you in every step of the process.
3. Submit the necessary requirements depending on the claim filed; Death claims require the death certificate of the insured, while medical claims would often require forms from the attending physician.
4. Wait for the decision on the claim. Your claims ambassador will be the one to update you if there is progress or if you will need to submit more requirements. The turnaround time depends on clients’ contract tenure.
Contestable claims (contracts within two years) take longer with 30 days upon submission of requirements. Incontestable claims (contracts beyond two years) will only take up to five days. This is still subject to change so make sure to always keep in touch with your claims ambassador.
5. Once approved, you’ll receive a notification via SMS or email as to when you can receive the payout. Payouts can directly be credited to your bank account or via check.
No one can predict the future but you can always prepare for the uncertainties by applying for insurance. Don’t wait for accidents to happen before you take action. The benefits are greater than what you think. Moreover, FWD offers tools to make your experience easy and convenient.