Have the confidence to follow your dreams knowing you and your loved ones’ are protected from unexpected financial burdens of a critical illness and common diseases in the Philippines.
Life insurance plan that’s easy on the budget and allows you to enjoy life while financially protecting you and those you care about.
KanDuu covers you, so you CAN DO everything you want in life with no hesitations.
We’ve made it even more convenient for you to enjoy life with our hassle-free payment system by giving you the freedom of choice. Choose a payment method that is more suitable for your needs.
FWD continues to provide its customers with additional protection against COVID-19.
FWD remains to be there for customers to help them feel safe and financially protected with an extra level of protection during these very uncertain times.
As the COVID-19 situation in the Philippines persists, FWD has updated its life insurance plans with FWD COVID-19 Assist.
For customers with active and eligible life insurance plans, additional lump sum death benefit will be provided. More importantly, the benefit also extends to our medical frontliners, whom we consider our unsung heroes amidst the pandemic.
Special coverage period: until May 31, 2020
FWD customers with individual policies and Kandüü are eligible for the Php 100,000 benefit only. For any FWD COVID-19 offer (the previous COVID-19 Ready and the new COVID-19 Assist), the benefit can only be claimed once.
COVID-19 Assist Benefit Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is COVID-19?
2. What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
3. Is COVID-19 a critical illness?
4. What can I do to avoid getting infected by COVID-19?
• Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
• Maintain at least 1-meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
• Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
• Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
• Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
• Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely). If possible, avoid traveling to places, especially if you are an older person or have diabetes, heart or lung disease.
5. Do my existing FWD insurance plans cover COVID-19?
‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ is a special COVID-19 coverage for eligible existing policyholders that provides the following death benefits:
• Individual plan (except Kandüü, Set Ka Na, and Peace plans): ₱100,000, with additional ₱50,000 if insured is a medical frontliner
• Kandüü plan: ₱10,000, with additional ₱5,000 if insured is a medical frontliner
6. Can my beneficiary claim for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
Yes, your beneficiary can apply for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit as long as the claim happens within your plan’s 60-day grace period.
7. Am I still eligible to receive the additional ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit even if I claim late?
8. Is there a grace period for the payment of insurance premiums?
9.Will my Auto-Charge Arrangement (ACA) and Auto-Debit Arrangement (ADA) still be in effect during the 60-day grace period?
10. How do I file the claim for the additional ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
11. Will the additional ‘COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit be claimed even if the insured has unpaid premiums?
12. If I have recovered from COVID-19 then subsequently, I am diagnosed with a new instance of the condition and died outside the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit coverage period, can my beneficiary claim for the additional death benefit?
If you have a subsequent instance of COVID-19 and died outside the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit coverage period from April 16, 2020 to May 31, 2020, you are no longer covered for the additional death benefit. Your beneficiary, however, will still receive the death benefit from your existing plan.
13. If I have previously claimed for the FWD COVID-19 Ready benefit, recovered, then subsequently, I am diagnosed with a new instance of the condition and died, can my beneficiary claim for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
14. If I am diagnosed with COVID-19 today, reported it, but died on May 16, 2020, which is already outside of the coverage period, can my beneficiary claim for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
15. Do I have to pay extra to be eligible for the ‘COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
16. Can I claim for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit even if I am outside the Philippines?
17. I have two life insurance plans. Can I claim the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit for each plan that I have?
18. For incontestable cause of death due to COVID-19 or any other COVID-19 related deaths, can my beneficiary claim for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
19. For contestable cause of death due to COVID-19 or any other COVID-19 related deaths, can my beneficiary claim for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
20. Are there any fees included in the process of claiming the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
21. Will a certain amount be deducted from the insurance or will this be provided at no cost?
22. Does the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit also cover FWD Tapp members?
23. For a different policy owner and insured, can the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit be given if the policy owner registered in FWD TAPP after the claim was submitted?
24. What are the additional benefits for medical frontliners?
25. Who are the medical frontliners eligible for the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit?
26. Upon presenting proof of diagnosis, will claimants receive the ‘FWD COVID-19 Assist’ Death Benefit immediately?