“FWD is committed to providing customers with the right support. As such, we constantly review our products to ensure appropriateness of our benefits and offerings,” said Li Hao Zhuang, FWD Insurance President and Chief Executive Officer. “As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, our Filipino bayanihan spirit is important to us now more than ever, and our enhanced benefit aims to provide extra coverage for medical and health care workers on the frontline whom many consider to be our unsung heroes amidst the pandemic.”
FWD COVID-19 Assist
provides additional death benefits for:
- Individual plan (except Kandüü, Set Ka Na, and Peace plans): Php 100,000, with additional Php 50,000 if the insured is a medical frontliner
- Kandüü plan: Php 10,000, with additional Php 5,000 if the insured is a medical frontliner
Additional Php 25,000
will be paid if the policyholder is registered with FWD Tapp upon claiming the COVID-19 Assist benefit.
FWD customers with individual policies and Kandüü are eligible for the Php 100,000 benefit. For any FWD COVID-19 offer including the previous COVID-19 Ready and the enhanced COVID-19 Assist, the benefit can only be claimed once.
In addition, FWD Insurance will continue to provide its individual customers additional benefits and consideration in response to the COVID-19 outbreak until May 15, 2020:
• Extension of insurance premium payment grace period to 60 days
• Accepting and processing claims including those filed beyond 30 days
• Accepting insurance claim documents in soft copy format
FWD Insurance also launched its COVID-19 Charity Drive, whereby every eligible FWD protection policy purchased in April 2020 will generate a donation for the St. Luke’s Medical Center Foundation. Funds raised will be used to buy additional personal protective equipment (PPE) for the hospital’s medical frontline.
For more information on FWD COVID-19 Assist, customers can visit fwd.com.ph or contact their FWD advisors.