If you’re hesitating because of fear of COVID-19 or the travel requirements involved, read this to inspire you to travel again.
There are two types of travelers now that the world has slid into the new normal. Those that say, “I’m not ready to travel yet, COVID-19 is still around, there are too many requirements”; and those that look at a map and excitedly say, “Okay, where shall we go to this weekend?”
If you belong to the former, here are 10 travel quotes to reawaken your spirit of adventure.
1. “One’s destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things.” —Henry Miller
2. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” —Matthew Karsten
3. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” —Helen Keller
4. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” —Ibn Battuta
5. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.” —Saint Augustine
6. “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.” —Anonymous
7. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” —Lao Tzu
8. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Andre Gide
9. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” - Anonymous
10. “Not all those who wander are lost.” —J.R.R. Tolkien
1. Get up and go! Brisk walk daily and spend 10 minutes stretching to help return your body to a more normal state and ready for travel.
2. If you’re traveling abroad, adjust your body clock quicker by scheduling sleep in the new time zone—not from where you came from.
3. Make travel an educational experience for the entire family. Go to places in the Philippines where adventure and learning go hand in hand.
4. Go in groups. Travel with your best buds and share the expenses like gas, tolls, accommodation.
5. Pack your swimwear and head to the beach! Try Malabrigo Point in Batangas or Cagbalete Island in Quezon. If budget permits, fly to Boracay, Bohol, El Nido, Coron, Cebu and other gorgeous destinations in the Philippines. Better, yet, go somewhere new—destinations you have never been to before.
6. Take advantage of airline discounts. Cebu Pacific, AirAsia and PAL are offering promos for early booking (sometimes even last-minute booking) to the most popular destinations in the Philippines.
7. Do something you have never done before. Afraid of heights? Go cliff jumping. Go snorkeling, diving, and get out of your comfort zone.
9. Check out your old travel photos and be inspired. Or social media for the hottest destinations this year.
10. Check online for the best deals. There are establishments that offer discounts and good deals to tourists..
Even—or especially when you’re traveling—you need to be protected so you can celebrate living and enjoy wandering with less worries. Check out FWD Life Insurance’s 3-in 1 Protection bundle, which gives life, accident, and critical illness protection. Or explore FWD’s Accident Bundle—this plan consists of Set for Life with SafetyPro and SurePro for the owner or insured.